Yes I finally sat down wtih my Bible yesterday for a long while, and said honestly: it was the best part of my day. ... Followed by seeing Santa in his horse drawn sleigh. Isn't that awesome?? A Santa drove around our neighborhood in a GORGEOUS white sleigh drawn b ya GORGEOUS Gray horse! His friends in the sleigh handed out candy canes... it is one of the highlights of all my past Christmases... you just had to have seen everyone on our cranky loud mouthed neighborhood running out of their house to the street with their families and babies and big old smiles as Santa said "Ho ho ho!" "Come here sweetie, have a candy cane!" "Merry Christmas!" ... it was really a very special moment when darkness had fallen and Christmas day was seeming to fade into 2007... one last glimmer of the season. I don't believe in Santa b ut I enjoy the tradition of seeing him and telling tales of his merriment. He is a fairy tale, and I love fairy tales :)
This morning I did what I'd felt nagged to do for a long while - got rid of that silly myspace. I'll miss decorating the myspace page and picking out music for it. I suppose it's fun to put together a little mini representation of your persona for your friends to see and it's always nice to have an inbox with notes hello and what not. However, I'm convinced it's wrong to mix with something so conducive of the world. Okay... I didn't delete it though -just deleted my friends list... I want to still be able to monitor Kiersten.. am I kidding myself? I do'nt think I am?
In any case my FAcebook remains. It seems simpler, cleaner, less time consuming... we'll see how long that lasts.
I am excited to use up the Barnes N Noble gift cards that I opened up yesterday. It is sweet to be a book reader and have others give you the gift of reading more. I'm torn. I've found an awesome cookbook I'd like to own but I am also itching to own two books I've been paging through in the bookstore... and there was a beautiful day planner that I was dying to own... well... we'll see what I find tomorrow. :)! Eek!
I am cat sitting again today. I'm not a cat person but these cats are funny. They attack eachother relentlessly and I DO mea n ATTACK!
Saw Alvin and the Chipmunks yesterday and it was REALLY funny - also funny to listen to the kids responses to the movie ("That man is not very nice!!" from one sitting near me, over and over!!! lol) but annoyingly, there was a scene where Ian the manager encouraged the chipmunks to 'make love to the camera' and smack their butt in a photo shoot (and they complied).
I think Hollywood bigwigs must just be completely greedy sometimes and think things like "make them laugh, a cheap easy laugh, and they'll leave themovie thinking of how much they laughed, this dubbing it a success!!!" whilst I would hope an upstanding person would think "sure any kid will laugh if a chipmunk sticks it's rear at the camera and smacks it, but do I really want to encourage kids to go around hitting their bottom saying 'smack that butt'.... ?? NO!!". And that's what kids do - they see something potentially naughty, see other people laugh at it, and recreate that moment for themselves over and over again. They've now learned "This is funny! I want to do this and laugh!". I cringe so often these days.
welp! onwards!
No comments:
Post a Comment