Found this on the Blog: Radical Womanhood, of which I'm a reader.
Rules for Self-Discovery
1. What we want most
2. What we think about most
3. How we use our money
4. What we do with our leisure time
5. The company we enjoy
6. Who and what we admire
7. What we laugh at
Through these questions, one could very accurately find that definition of themself which seems so often to be what we seek: self discovery, "I don't know who I am", "I don't know what I want"...
How illuminating, and as McCulley points out: number seven is humbling...
PEE ESS
I got my first ever ticket last night. And rightly so. I ran a stop sign. I was very confused because CCPkway was shut down!!! I thought how in the heavens am I to get home if this forever long road is blocked off... but as I traveled an alternate route I realized not ALL of CCPkway was closed off. So I began to make my drive across CCPkway and as my windows were misty (had the wipers going, the foggy humidity of midnight was in the air) and it was so dark and I was being so confused (careless)... I ran the darn stop sign. And was darn lucky that all I got from that Policeman was a ticket and not ... a funeral. lol. Yeah I almost swiped into the Policeyman. He didn't look happy when I rolled down the window. But to be honest? I wasn't nervous... I knew why I was being pulled over this time (in the past it was for a headlight and I thought AAHHH WHAT DID I DO?!?!?!?) and I was near an outdoor restuarant crowded with people so I definitly wasn't alone or anything of the sort, AND most of ALL I was so TIREEEED (maybe this had something to do with my traffic violation??) because it was 1AM and I had just woken up from falling asleep on the couch where I was babysitting. Right. So.
I assume it's the policeman's job to assume I'm a serial killer and druggie... but it sure is disconcerting to be attacked with a flashlight and then have your purse and lunchbox eyed over as if they have human remains in them. Anyway. After the poman initially looked me and the car over and asked where I was coming frmo (babysitting on El Dorado) if I'd had any alcohol (yeah cause sitting and drinking sounds like fun to me!! haha!) he took my info and trotted back to his Po car. Funnily enough when he came back with my hefty ticket (boohoooo!! my first ever!! ruined perfect record!!) he smiled and made nice with me. Dare I say flirted with me? Maybe I shouldn't say that but he was all charm and chum when he told me how to pay 100 dollars within the next 30 days. It took him so looooong to write up that ticket that b y the time he had come back to my car I didn't care if I had sweeted my way out of it or had to pay up - I just wanted to go home and go to bed!!!
So I'm sad that being so sweet and saying yes sir so often didn't get me off the hook... it did one other time when I DID stop at a stop sign but let the car roll before taking a true pause. I'm sad I'm 100 bucks poorer... but as I told the Poman ... I got what I deserved. Lesson learned. Running stopsigns = no good. Learn it and live it kids.
January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment